Thursday, February 25, 2010

If At First You Don't Succeed, Dust Yourself Off and Try Again


The late R&B artist Alliyah once said, "if at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again. I have been a student here at Suny Cortland for exactly one month. It wasn't until last night that I realized that anyone who has wanted to follow my website, would have only seen my first blog. This meant the two others that have been written, no one has had access to see. After some assistance from my instructor, Dr. Yang, I was able to realize what I have been doing wrong. At first I was discouraged and upset, thinking what should I do. It was then that I remembered that song by Alliyah, "Try Again."


I also began to remember the comeback Michael Jordan made, the first comeback. Now before I go any further, I am in no way comparing myself to Michael Jordan. He is one of the greatest basketball players ever, and has had great success throughout his life. I had recently taken the fall semester off, after the previous college, Castleton State College, in Vermont, didn't work out the way I planned. Michael Jordan took a few years off from basketball to play baseball. When he first cameback to play basketball, the Chicago Bulls, the team he played for, did not win the NBA finals. The previous three years Jordan had played, they had won the NBA finals each year. Did that discourage Jordan? I honestly don't know, but the discouragement couldn't have lasted that long. Jordan would go onto win three more NBA finals before retiring again in 1998. He would play again in 2001, and would retire for good in 2003.


Michael didn't give up, even when he didn't live up to the expectations others had given, or the expectations he had given himself. He tried again to relive his past success, which he did. The previous three semesters I was in school, I was on the dean's list, earning a higher G.P.A. each semester. My biggest fear going into this semester was that I wouldn't be able to be as successful this time around. As I said, I've been a student here for exactly one month. I have been working harder then I ever have, and I consider my result to be satisfactory so far. Satisfactory isn't good enough for me because it's not the best I can be. I want it to be outstanding. I didn't post the blogs the correct way, so instead of giving up, I'm fixing it. After this blog, I will be posting the other blogs that others haven't gotten to see yet.


Never give up, and always try your best. If it doesn't work out at first, try it again. Look at the picture above to see why you should try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment